Extra-credit question on a recent cumulative vocabulary test: use "hiatus" in a sentence. Here are my favorites (you have to give them credit for trying, right?)
- They built a strong hiatus around the criminal to protect him.
- The new student had a certain hiatus about her.
- The murderer's hiatus crime stunned all of the citizens because it was so brutal.
- She said that, but I know she hiatus me.
- The student gave a hiatus excuse for why she was late for class.
- Her awful hiatus was affecting the whole town!
Wrong answers are always so much more fun than right ones.